You can download the complete, fully functional, latest version of the Stingray software below.
Without the Stingray pod it will run in simulation mode, giving you a chance to try our easy to use
interface. For a copy of the software on CD please contact us.
You must download the file to your computer before you can install the
software. See Downloading Software for help.
- Add ability to do a continuous electrical test on permanent connections. This option can be enabled in the "Testing" tab of the Edit Info window.
- Fix bug that caused good part to be failed when using automation and part has no switches.
- Add ability to load a Keypad File by including it on the command line when the program is launched. This can be done by using the "Run" item in the Windows "Start" menu or by double clicking a Keypad File and telling Windows to open the file using the Stingray program.
- Prevent multiple errors from being displayed when filling navigator pane with files and Mistral files are detected.
- Add ability to set minimum and maximum allowed forward voltage for LEDs and minimum forward voltage for Series LEDs.
- Add ability to set default minimum and maximum forward voltage for LEDs and Series LEDs in Defaults tab of Edit Info window.
- Add ability to "Group" switch items for mult-pole switch testing. To form a Group select multiple switches (by clicking and dragging the select rectangle or by shift-clicking on the items) and pick Group from the Edit menu. Switches can be removed from Group by selecting them and choosing Ungroup from the Edit menu.
- Add ability to create Groups when setting Test Sequence by shift-clicking on switches.
- Pass or fail LEDs and Series LEDs based on their forward voltage.
- Fix bug that caused incorrect forward voltage to be displayed for LEDs if continuous electrical testing of LEDs was enabled.
- Improve communication with pod in an attempt to prevent testing from "sticking" for several seconds with a switch down (yellow).
- Add ability to test multi-pole switches. Switches that are in a Group are measured individually but treated as one switch for the purpose of passing or failing the keypad.
- Revise Automation to improve reliability and speed.
- Improve tool tips (message shown when the mouse is placed over an item) so they give more complete information about a switches current condition.
- In Production and Life Cycle Test Logs put the switches in order based on their Test Sequence number rather than the order they were created.
- When using automation, assert pass or fail signal before asserting test complete.
- Fix bug in detecting High Voltage pods.
- Improve indication of failure during pod calibration.
- Add ability to select Keypad Graphic in Edit Info window. This sets the background picture for the file.
- Add "Max" to possible rates for cycling through LEDs in LED Testing section in Testing tab of Edit Info window. When set to "Max" the LEDs will be cycled through as quickly as possible without beeping before each LED is lit.
- Remember the last tab viewed in Edit Info and Stingray Options windows.
- Allow items to be aligned at half the previous grid spacing.
- Add new extra small switch, LED, permanent connection and isolation point items.
- Rearrange Edit Info Testing tab so items are in the same order they occur in during test.
- Add context sensitive help to Edit Info window. Press F1 to view help for the tab you are on.
- Add ability to move multiple items at the same time. Items can be selected by clicking and dragging a box over them or by holding the shift key while clicking on items. Items can be moved using the mouse or arrow keys.
- Add ability to shrink and grow multiple items at the same time. Select items as above and then click the shrink or grow buttons or use the keyboard shortcuts.
- Add ability to delete multiple items at the same time. Select items as above and press the Delete key.
- Add continuous LED electrical testing to aid detection of intermittent connections. Enabled with the "Do a continuous LED electrical test" checkbox in Testing tab of the Edit Info window.
- Add ability to dismiss Fail Comments window by pressing the space bar.
- Add ability to automatically save Job Logs after testing. This feature is enabled and set up in the File Locations tab of the Stingray Options window.
- Add ability to require a password before a part is failed during Production Testing. The password is set in the Pass/Fail Options tab in the Edit Info window.
- Add detection of shorts greater than 5k Ohms across LEDs.
- Measure forward voltage of LEDs using current set for item instead of fixed, 3mA, current.
- Show resistance of shorted LEDs in the tool tip for the item during testing and include the short resistance in the Detailed Job Log.
- Fix bug that caused the wrong pin number to be recorded in the log for an Isolation Point that was shorted.
- Fix bug that caused pass message to be displayed when a keypad was being retested.
- Include fail message in Fail Comments window instead of showing in a separate window.
- Fix bug that could cause a short caused by a switch press to be missed.
- Fix bug that caused switches to fail if Isolation Resistance set to 10M Ohms when in Simulation mode.
- Fix bug that could cause a communication error message to appear while learning switches.
- Add ability to resize the dock on the left side of the main window.
- Fix bug that could cause shorts between two pins on different switches to
be ignored. Specifically if there are two switches that have a pin in common, a
short between the two pins they do not have in common was not being detected if
"Fail Keypad if more than one switch is active at a time" was turned off on the
Edit Info window. For example if there is a switch between pins 1 and 2 and
another between 1 and 3, a short between pins 2 and 3 was not being detected.
- Add the ability to see the voltage across an LED by clicking on the corresponding LED item.
- Display and log the voltage across LEDs.
- Allow the operator to add comments when a keypad is failed. These comments are included in the Detailed Job Log.
- Make "Pass" the default button if a good keypad with no switches is tested.
- Fix bug in Keypad file reports that caused all the pin numbers to be off by one.
- Add ability to set the order LEDs and switches are tested using "Set Test Sequence" button to tools.
- Add "Switches must be pressed in sequence" checkbox to the Testing tab of the Edit Info window. Testing switches in sequence can be faster for some keypads and makes it easier test keypads where more than one switch uses the same two pins.
- Add "Fail keypad if more than one switch is active at a time" checkbox to the Testing tab of the Edit Info window. This option allows detection of shorts caused by a switch press that look like additional switch closures.
- Add ability to continue testing of a keypad if there is a short between two items or a new LED is found rather of stopping after the first error is found. Allows finding all the problems on a keypad.
- Add detection of shorts caused by switch presses.
- Improve ability to test keypads with resistors.
- Only beep once when a switch press is detected instead of repeatedly while it is held down.
- Add Show Test Sequence to the File menu.
- Add ability to generate a report for a Keypad file that contains all the information in the Edit Info window as well as a complete list of the items and their properties.
- Increase allowable LED voltage to improve detection.
- Fix bug that caused file browser to reset to default directory after a file is saved on some computers.
- Fix bug printing sample label if label contains the company name but no company name has been entered.
- Add "Enable Automation" checkbox to the keypad file Edit Info window.
- Add "Illuminate each LED" checkbox to allow illumination portion of LED test to be skipped. Set in file Edit Info window.
- Add new fields "Customer Part Number", "Rev" and "Customer ID" to file Edit Info window.
- Change "OK" button to "Save" in Edit Info window.
- Improved editing of text to Add/Edit Text function. When a new text box is created, it is filled with "New Text Box" by default. Text no longer has a box around it when it is not selected.
- Add support for Automation during Production Testing.
- Add support for Automation during Life Cycle Testing.
- Add "Pass" button so test flow is more consistent.
- Allow space bar to select "Test First Keypad" when job is started.
- Add ability to print labels during keypad testing.
- Improve filtering of switch measurement to reduce likelihood of a bad reading while pressing or releasing a switch.
- Fix problem in High Voltage Stingrays that resulted in the detection of multiple LEDs for series LEDs.
- Add support for regional differences in numeric separators.
- Add new tabbed format to display Stingray Options.
- Add support for Automation Testing configuration to Stingray Options.
- Add support for Label Printing. Label printing features include creating, deleting and editing of label layouts in Stingray Options window.
- Add Printer Setup option to File menu.
- Add Print Label item to File menu to select a label layout.
- Change tool background colors so they match Windows setup.
- Fix bug that caused "Program Error" or "Automation Error" to occur under Windows 2000 if a file had more than one text box.
- Fix bug during delete that caused the previously selected item to be deleted if the delete was done immediately after editing a pin number in the item properties. The item whose pin #'s were being edited was deleted instead of the newly selected item.
- Add resistance range settings for switches and permanent connections. Choose from Minimum and Maximum Resistance settings or Nominal Resistance and Tolerance settings. Settings are displayed in Item Properties window.
- Permanent Connection resistance can now be set as high as the Isolation Resistance, up to 10Meg (previously limited to 75k).
- Add ability to set LED Cycle Rate. LEDs can now be illuminated at a rate of 1 to 5 LEDs per second. Speeds up test time by increasing the rate LEDs are illuminated.
- Extra LED items created during Learn as the result of an LED sharing a pin with a Permanent Connection can now be deleted without causing errors during Test.
- Add new tabbed format to display Info window file settings.
- Don't display "**********" for file editing password in Info window shown using Get Info if no password exists.
- Fix bug that caused Rev field (next to Part Number field in Info window) to be shown incorrectly when file is highlighted in the file browser or when doing a file Get Info. Rev was shown correctly when Info window was opened using Edit Info and in logs.
- Add Product Revision field to Edit Info for files.
- Fix bug saving keypad file passwords on some PC's.
- Fix bug that caused mouse pointer to be incorrect if an item was deleted while manually adding multiple items.
- Add Life Cycle Test mode. This new mode logs the resistance for multiple switch cycles (press and releases). Results may be saved as text and Excel(R) readable files.
- Add Lot Number and several Comment fields to Job Info. These fields are included in Summary and Detailed Job Logs and Life Cycle Logs.
- Add Flexible Serial Numbering system. Serial numbers are listed in the Detailed Job Logs. Serial numbers can be generated automatically or the operator can be prompted before each keypad is tested. Serial number prefix and suffix can be added automatically.
- Change Detailed Job Log format so summary information is at the top.
- Add "shorted to" point to errors logged for Isolation Point testing.
- Fix bug that caused the program display to appear to still be testing if the program was closed while a file that had not been saved was being used to test and saving of the file was canceled.
- Improve status bar indication while filling the file browser window.
- Add option to set Temporary Files folder location. Set by selecting "Stingray Options" from the File menu. Temporary files are created during log generation and can get quite large during Life Cycle Testing. These files are automatically deleted when the program is exited.
- Add password protection to program to prevent editing or creating keypad files by unauthorized users. Also prevents moving or renaming of keypad files. Program status indicated in status bar by pencil icon. Password is set by selecting "Stingray Options" from the File menu.
- Add file specific password protection to keypad files. Prevents editing of individual keypad files by unauthorized users. Password is set by opening the file in Edit Mode, then selecting Get Info.
- Illuminate LEDs in the order they were created (in Edit Mode) rather than by pin numbers.
- Fix bug that prevented operator from stopping LED cycling if all LEDs in the file were Series LEDs.
- Add option to set Default Keypad Files folder location. Keypad files can now be located anywhere on the computer or network. Set by selecting "Stingray Options" from the File menu.
- Allow control of sound selections by clicking on the speaker icon in the status bar.
- Changed the name of the Stingray Preferences file to "stingray.ini" from "mt.ini".
- Use cursor key to move icons, lines and text instead of only being able to move using the mouse.
- New, smaller icons for keypad items; switches, LEDs, permanent connections, etc. Four icon sizes supported.
- New "Series LED" item type for testing multi-segment LEDs or LEDs connected in series.
- Redesign editing interface so that multiple items can be added by clicking in the window in addition to dragging items from the tool area. Save item size setting before an item is added. The selected sizes are also used when learning.
- Light the LED on the keypad when corresponding LED item is clicked while editing.
- Shrink and grow item icons using keyboard shortcuts.
- Automatically update item properties that are set to default values when the default value is changed in Edit Info.
- Add the ability to reset all item properties to default in Edit Info.
- Add "Cancel" option if a high resistance path is found while learning a keypad.
- Prompt for save of new or changed file before testing.
- Fix bug that could cause error if a different Keypad File is selected while editing item properties.
- Add Probe function. Touch a Probe to any point on a keypad to identify its pin number. The pin number can then be assigned to an item.
- Add PC sound card support, also supports headphone use. Control sound output from the pc and the pod.
- Prevent accidental failing of keypad after testing LEDs, caused by hitting space bar to often.
- Detect when an LED is shorted and log the error correctly. Previously an error was logged, but not specific details.
- Condense the Detailed Job Log and allow inclusion of switch bounce data to be optional.
- Reformat the Summary Job Log to make it easier to understand.
- Allow a Job Log to be saved any time after the job has ended, as long as the Keypad file is still open and a new job has not been started.
- Revise, update and add new error and status messages and tool tips to make it easier to understand what's going on.
- Improve reliability of communication with pod. Fixes a very rare buffer overflow condition.
- Save program window state; normal or maximized. Reopens program window to same size as previously set the last time the program was run.
- Fix bug that could prevent a new Keypad File or Job Log File from being saved if the part number or job number contained invalid filename characters.
- Fix bug in file browser that could cause problems when folder or file names are changed.
- Increase allowable LED voltage to improve detection.
- Don't show isolation resistance for Isolation Points. This value was not being used because isolation resistance is set for the entire file in Edit Info.
- Hide the Item Properties when no item is selected.
- Pod now beeps when program starts to indicate that it is connected properly.
- Fix bug that could cause two copies of a file to be open at the same time.
- Fix bug that prevents a new file from being saved if the part number contains invalid characters.
- Fix bug that could cause program to appear to freeze when run or launch slowly if large log files are present in "Keypad Files" folder.
- Fix bug that could cause error if a part is tested, an item is added to the Keypad File and then a part is tested again.
- Add support for latest version of "High Voltage" pod with indication when high voltage is being used.
- Improve detection of LEDs with unusually high or low forward voltages.
- Add support for optional "High Voltage" pod.
- Fix bug that could prevent program from exiting the first time if Exit selected while in the middle of a job.