Below you will find ACE software for programming DAC3000 and ACC4000 Accessors. Note this software does not work with the DAC2000 which was programmed using DOS software that is no longer supported.
You may download the complete ACE software installer below. All necessary support files are included and registration is no longer required.
Download ACE V3.0.0 - ACE_V3_0_0.ZIP (approx. 200M) 11/10/21
Download ACE V2.1.1 - ACE_2_1_1.ZIP (approx. 10.6M) 8/12/10
You must download the file to your computer before you can install the software. See Downloading Software for help.
- New build using updated development system. This version supports Windows 11.
- Update USB drivers to V2.6.0 to support Windows 7.
- Fix problems detecting Accessors on some computers and improve detection speed when communicating.
- Fix bug that prevented Group Holidays from being edited.
- Fix long delay that could occur when selecing a large numbers of users that are used in multiple boxes.
- Add support for Accessors with USB ports.
- Add more rubust name checking to prevent problems with long box names or names that use unusual characters.
- Fix bug that could prevent operator from adding a user with the same access code of a deleted user immediately after the user is deleted.
- Fix bug that resulted in the database incorrectly tracking deleted users.
- Fix bug that caused an error to occur when attempting to program a box with a name that was too long.
- Adjust timing of communication to Palm Connected Organizer to permit operation with faster computers.
- Fix errors that could occur when trying to print users if the password used to open the file is not the Unrestricted Password or an attempt is made to print the users in an empty Group.
- Fix problem updating large ACE files.
- Fix problem that occurs if an attempt is made to program a box using a corrupted ACE file.
- Fix bug that could cause an extra vacation to be added to a user if editing of a vacation date is canceled by pressing the "Esc" key.
- Fix problem scanning for ports that occurred on some computers.
- User interface extensively revised to allow drag and drop moving and copying of users and groups.
- Support for multiple boxes in a single file added. Share only the users you want between boxes.
- Level 4 and 5 user are limited to 4 vacations.
- Groups are limited to 6 start/stop periods.
- Auto Changing Code prefixes are no longer supported.
- Tamper Lockout is always enabled and is activated after three invalid codes are entered. These settings can no longer be changed.
- Update installer and program to prevent an error message from appearing when program is launched on some computers.
- Update installer and program to prevent an error message from appearing when program is launched on some computers.
- Add support for new version of Accessor that allows users to be added at the box.
- Improve communication speed.
- Remove software registration requirement.
- Improve log display.
- Add number of log entries to printout of logs.
- Improve editing of Holidays using keyboard.
- Fix bug that prevented the same file from being re-opened using "Open..." in the "File" menu.
- Fix bug that could prevent the log from being displayed under certain conditions.
- Reduce number of users per box from 1023 to 1000.
- Remove Privacy function from Parameters.
- Upgrade file dialog boxes to Windows 95 type.
- Fix bug that could cause an "Error in Main" message when launching the program if multiple copies of one or more DLL's have been installed.
- Fix bug that could cause system error message if display set to "True Color" mode.
- Fix bug in printing that could cause text size to change on multi-page printouts.
- Fix bug that could cause "File not found" error when opening Logs.
- Fix bug that could cause invalid Start and Stop dates to be entered for Temporary Workers.
- Fix bug that caused controls for Auto Changing Code Prefixes to come up disabled when window was opened and Auto Changing was enabled.
- Add support for using a Palm organizer to transfer ACE files and logs between the Accessor and PC.
- Save state of sync time checkbox in communication windows.
- Fix bug that preventing changing the year on an existing vacation.
- Fix bug that caused an "Object does not support this property or method" error during communication if the Group Schedules or Schedule Detail window was open and the schedule had been changed.
- Fix bug in Users window that could prevent the Unhide columns feature from working.
- Allow Access Codes to contain letters as well as numbers.
- Add ability to find Access Codes in Users window.
- Don't force last 4 digits of Access Code to be unique unless Auto Changing Codes is enabled.
- Add seperate columns in Users window for Start and Stop dates of Temp Workers.
- Improve display and operation of Users window columns with buttons.
- Automatically make user level of new users the same as the last user created.
- Add ability to Hide and Unhide multiple columns in the Users window.
- Add Print All for Users window to print all columns including those that are hidden.
- Add display of password level to main window.
- Allow Unrestricted password operator to control Site password access to all items in the Parameters window except code length.
- Change Log display so it shows all log entries instead of just those added since to last time the log was retrieved.
- Add ability to Print All for log to print all log entries.
- Improve Log display to show date for each entry where known.
- Improve performance of Log window scroll bar for large logs.
- Reduce size of log files.
- Add ability to sort Box List.
- Simplify Communication window.
- Add status window to show progress of communication.
- Add ability to save Reports.
- Add "live" scrolling to Users and Log windows.
- Improve checking for and reporting of invalid data in Box List and Users windows.
- Add recently opened databases to File menu.
- Prevent creation of desktop icon for error.txt file.
- Force all groups to have names to prevent a user from being assigned to a group without a name.
- Make sure old holidays aren't sent to box.
- Fix bug in Users window that could cause problems editing Access Codes if the code length was changed in the Parameters window.
- Fix bug that could cause fatal error if Save As done while Box List window was open.
- Fix bug that caused Log Report entries to be saved from oldest to newest even though they were displayed and printed from newest to oldest.
- Fix bug that could prevent Save As from working if directory was changed.
- Fix bug that prevented a new box from being saved in Box List if the window was closed immediately after creation.
- Fix bugs that could cause minor errors when F1 pressed to open Help from some windows.
- Change program name from Accessor 3000 to ACE.
- Update to support Accessor 4000.
- Change "L4-temp worker" to "L5-temp worker"
- Update .OCX and .DLL files.
- Improve upload and download reliability.
- Fix bug that could cause errors when setting the time in the Accessor if Daylight Savings is not being used.
- Fix bug that caused "Null" to be printed when printing Users.
- Fix bug in Holidays window that may cause problems in 1999.
- Fix bug in Log window that caused entries from the previous year to be displayed as 11 years old.
- Remove ability to set low battery "chirp" function from Parameters window.
- Add additional password, "Site", for database access that provides access similar to High Level password but without the ability to add, delete or change Level 1 users.
- Prevent Data Entry password from adding, changing or deleting Level 1 users.
- Improve Password window with a display of the access allowed for each password and allow limited changes in the operation of Site and Data Entry passwords.
- Fix bug in Users and Box List windows that could cause program to crash if window size is made too small.
- Fix bug in Users window that caused new user information to be lost if Tab was pressed when in the last visible column.
- Fix bug that prevented a license from being transferred by closing the Welcome window after 7 seconds.
- Fix bug that could cause the time to be set incorrectly in boxes with V2.x software that have "Observe Daylight Savings Time" turned off.
- Add Ctrl+S shortcut for sorting in Users Window and indicate at the bottom of the screen when a sort can be performed.
- Add display of a sample line to the Text Import window.
- Improve Help and add tutorials.
- Improve functioning of arrow keys in Groups Summary and Group Detail Windows.
- Improve speed of Group Detail Window.
- Improve description in Find window.
- Improve error indication during Import.
- Improve status indication while Compacting databases.
- Improve help messages during Communication and in Holidays, Groups Summary and Group Detail Windows.
- Improve scroller functioning in Users Window when position indicator is at the bottom.
- Disable editing of start and stop times in Groups Summary and Group Detail Windows when editing other fields.
- Change display of stop times in Groups Summary and Group Detail Windows so they show time in 15 minute increments.
- Dim day of week check boxes in Groups Summary and Group Detail Windows when start and stop times are not set.
- Fix bug that caused "topic not found" error when trying to get help on text importing.
- Fix bug that caused saves to abort if the file name was too long.
- Fix bug that caused occasional crash when adding a user.
- Center Text Import Window when opening.
- Center Find window the first time it is opened.
- Add ability to communicate through serial ports 3 and 4 if available.
- Improve status information displayed during communication.
- Only sync time during communication if difference between box time and PC time is greater than one minute.
- Improve scrolling speed in Log and Report Windows.
- Fix bug that could cause an "Overflow" error or produce a log filled with "Error D0H" entries during upload.
- Fix bug that may cause "Timeout during block reception. Error 106" during log upload on slower computers.
- Add support for V2.x boxes. V2.x firmware has improved communication protcol for faster PC log uploads.
- Improve error handling if support files (*.ocx's and *.dll's) are not found or incorrect version.
- Fix bug that prevented time sync from working the first time a box was programmed.
- Fix bug that could cause auto changing codes to be enabled even if code length is less than seven digits.
- Fix bug that caused "Sync response checksum bad. Error 11" during log upload on some computers.
- Improve window opening and display for 640 x 480 screens.
- Fix bug that prevented program icon from being installed on machines running Windows 95.
- Fix bug that prevented OLE files from being installed correctly.
- Add Box List function and window. Allows tracking of multiple boxes in the database.
- Add display of the date and time, location and file name from the box when a log is shown.
- Add "Find User..." and "Find User Again" functions to "Edit" menu when viewing Users Window.
- Add "Reports" menu so members of a group, users not in a group and deleted users can be viewed and printed.
- Add field in Parameters Window to enter "Box Location".
- Add on-line help.
- Add ability to import text files.
- Automatically save column setup and sort criteria in Users Window.
- Automatically save com port used when communicating.
- Add "Compact" to compress database.
- Add contiuous display of log space remaining to status at bottom of screen.
- Add check to verify that all the components of the program have been correctly installed.
- Add copy protection to program which requires software to be registered.
- Add support for future versions of Accessor.
- Remove ability to edit "Box Identifier" in Parameters Window.
- Improve importing of .DAC files.
- Improve speed of Groups and Group Detail Windows.
- Improve scrolling performance in Users Window.
- Create new window for viewing and editing Holidays.
- Fix bug that could cause system to crash when a new log is downloaded in 1998 or 1999.
- Fix bug that allowed a user to belong to the same group twice. - Fix bug that caused information from previous user to be copied when a new user was created.
- Fix bug that caused only the first four "slots" in a group to be printed.
- Fix bug that caused program to crash if a key was pressed while the currently selected cell in the Users Window was not visible.